Beginners Mountain Bike Course
Get off the sofa and go mountain biking ~ Half Day Course
This beginners mountain bike course is aimed at those just starting out in Mountain Biking, we’ll show you the MTB Skills and Techniques to gain confidence and enjoyment to get the most from Mountain Biking
During your half day Forest Rider course, we’ll cover:
- Checking your mountain bike is safe before the ride.
- Using the right riding position to smooth out the lumps and bumps of trails.
- How to brake confidently and more efficiently.
- The use of all those gears you’ve got on your mountain bike, and how to keep your gear shifts smooth.
- Basic cornering skills and techniques.
- Tackling those smaller tracks called ‘singletrack’.
Please note our courses are structured for over 18s only. If you wish to book a mountain bike session for an under 18, please see our U18s Sessions here.
We are now only running private 1:1, pairs or small group sessions rather than run public courses as we have found this works better as we can be more flexible with dates. We can tailor the syllabus of your private session to include topics covered by this course.
Note: If you have a valid Gift Voucher for a 1/2 day course, please contact us, we will convert it to a private session for you.
After completing the booking process, you will be sent an email confirming your place. Joining instructions and Health Declaration will be sent in the week running up to the event. Full Terms and Conditions available here
The Beginners Mountain Bike Course is aimed at new riders. If you have already been riding for a while you may want to consider our Intermediate Mountain Biking Skills Course called the Trail Rider. Or for the Ladies out there – we run a Ladies Only Beginners Mountain Bike Course